Nedeľa, 4. október 2015
Prejsť na obsah
Prejsť na: Hlavná stránka www.uips.sk
Ústav informácií a prognóz školstva
|Všetko o nás|
|Školské výpočtové strediská|
|Zverejňovanie zmlúv, objednávok a faktúr|
|Analýzy, prognózy, štúdie|
|Siete škôl, adresáre, prehľady|
|Ako na školu|
The mission of the Institute
|| Verzia pre tlač ||
The mission of the InstituteThe mission of the Institute
The Institute of Information and Prognoses of Education (hereinafter "the Institute") is a budgetary organization with legal personality under founding authority of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport (hereinafter "the Ministry of Education"), whose main function is production of information to support management and development of areas falling within the management responsibilities of the Ministry of Education.
The Institute is:
a) the main information centre of the sector under the Ministry of Education, main information office of the Ministry of Education and its centrally managed organizations, which ensures the operation of the part of the national information system within the scope of the Ministry of Education;
b) the leading sectorial, methodological and coordination office of the unified and comprehensive information system (IS) of the sector, its automation and linking with information systems in Slovakia and abroad, resulting in the provision of the following activities:
• analysis of the subject-matter of the content of the IS according to respective areas,
• systems design solutions, providing application software and its continuous updating based on legislative changes, as well as the operational needs of the sector,
• verification of the application software, its distribution, implementation and training users for the work with the system,
• collecting and checking data for production of information,
• processing of mandatory and operational sectorial outcomes for other sectors and international cooperation;
c) the conceptual and research office in the area of development and forecasting the education, formation of the conception of regional and higher education, research of the sector of education, care of children and youth, sport and prevention, management of education and economics of education;
d) the sector’s office for surveys, research and analyses of education and formation of personality of pupils and students, the care of children and youth and interest and extracurricular activities;
e) the office participating in conceptual methodological and coordinating activities in creation and providing sectorial research and research on youth, lifelong learning and lifelong guidance;
f) the central processing office for information in the area of funding of education within all chapters, specific information for management and for international reporting;
g) the central office of promotion and provision of information on education, science, upbringing, youth care in Slovakia, sport, prevention, in charge of providing these information to UNESCO, OECD, EUROSTAT, the UN and other organizations abroad;
h) the sectorial in-service training centre for staff of information systems in education; further education training centre for teaching and non-teaching staff in the ICT, office in charge of in-service teacher training in informatics,
i) the central museum of education and methodological and coordination office in this area,
j) the provider of scholarships to students of secondary and special schools;
k) the provider of activities of sectorial advisory bodies, resulting from the implementation of the Institute’s functions under paragraphs c) and h),
l) the provider of the activities of the Secretariat of Higher Education Student Council in accordance with their status,
m) in charge of implementation of projects under the EU Structural Funds,
n) the provider of digital content to support education, training and operation of central applications for the educational sector through the Data Centre.
The Institute includes: the office of the project “Development of the Regional School System” (formerly Infovek), the Higher Education Student Council and its offices, the School Computer Centres in Bratislava, Piešťany, Banská Bystrica, Michalovce Liptovský Mikuláš, the Museum of Education and Pedagogy in Bratislava and the Museum of Special Education in Levoča. The Institute has its own editorial and printing services department, which provides editorial and technical processing, printing, bookbinding and dispatch of materials ordered by the Institute or the Ministry of Education.
The Institute is directly managed by the Ministry of Education. The main task of the Institute as an information centre of the resort is the solution of a sectorial information system and operation of the part of the national information system for the education sector, analysis of the state of information security and the creation of new data needed for decision-making and management of the sector, including the methodology for their formation, complex data processing in education (primary and secondary schools, universities) and its funding, data on activities of educational institutions, organizations of youth and sport and prevention of socio-pathological phenomena, processing of data and information about institutions of further education and their training programs and activities.
The Institute implementsthe following projects and tasks:
• it comprehensively deals with the information system of the education sector using the latest ICT (in the first phase the project Departmental Information System for Regional Education, including parts of the information system for higher education);
• research of socio-economic factors of study at universities in the context of international comparisons (EUROSTUDENT project);
• analyses of integration of secondary and higher education graduates in the labor market;
• data processing on further education in relation to the Strategy of Lifelong Learning and Lifelong Guidance and legislation to improve the methodology of data collection and provision of information;
• ensuring production, processing, evaluation and monitoring of data on socio-pathological phenomena in the education sector; research and surveys to analyze opinions and attitudes of young people to education and application of human rights; the current socio-political and socio-pathological phenomena in young people´s lives, lifestyle and value orientation of youth, free time and activities in the field of youth and sport; providing information support in implementation of the Action Plan of Youth Policy in accordance with the Act on Support of Youth Work; training staff of the sectorial information systems, training of teaching and non-teaching staff in the ICT;
• the gradual establishment and operation of the Data Centre of the Ministry of Education,
• implementation of national projects under the EU Structural Funds,
• implementation of other projects in informatization of education.
The main activities of the Institute
The Institute provides methodological and coordinating activities for the production of information in the sector. It
• designs and implements software solutions, maintenance and upgrade of the application software based on the legislation in power to ensure updating of information in the central databases;
• provides information support during the transition of pupils from primary to secondary school, in the project Graduation (maturita) on-line and data collection for the National testing 9;
• ensures operation of the portal EduZber - collection of data necessary for the breakdown of financial means for schools, to define a normative contribution from the state budget and to provide funding to schools for educational vouchers;
• operates the central database, which processes information for conceptual work and operational management of the sector;
• processes the mandatory periodic outcomes for the sector;
• evaluates the status and conditions of development of different areas in the sector;
• ensures creation of comprehensive information on funding of education;
• processes and provides information to government authorities, other sectors and central government institutions, mass media and other subjects interested in information on the subject areas;
• processes and provides information to foreign and international information centers for the purpose of evaluating and comparing the results in SR with other EU member states; ensures linking of the sectorial information system with the public administration information systems and foreign information systems;
• provides information under the Act on Free Access to Information;
• participates in the creation of Sectorial information systems for regional schools, which includes: Register of schools and educational establishments, Register of founders, Register of study and training fields and professional orientations, Register of the national curricula, Register of school educational programs, educational standards, educational programs of school facilities and school subjects, Register of teaching and non-teaching staff, Register of children, pupils, students and related agendas. They include also an analysis of selected parts of universities, including comments of detailed functional specifications, testing scenarios and training in this field, work in working groups to define requirements in terms of the existing statistics, international reporting, to support financing of schools and school facilities.
Analyses and prognoses
In the field of analyses and prognoses, the Institute:
• prepares medium-term quantitative forecasts of education (pre-primary, primary and secondary schools);
• implements analytical outputs of the research about relationship of pupils to their schools, to the educational process and teachers, their classmates and the way they spend their leisure time and its importance, the comparisons of indicators;
• processes comparative studies on the development trends in higher education;
• analyzes and prepares data for creation of conceptions of upbringing and education at various levels of the education system, including the terms of its financial conditions;
• monitors integration of the secondary and tertiary education graduates in the labour market;
• analyzes the socio-economic conditions of study at universities;
• process analytical outputs based on statistical data collected from the area of youth and sport;
• implements and processes analyses, research, surveys and trends in the prevention of socio-pathological phenomena in the education sector;
• prepares data for the National Report on Drug Abuse within the programs and activities conducted in area of socio-pathological issues, youth and sport and leisure activities and school facilities;
• implements representative sociological surveys of implementation of human rights in school and family environment, youth lifestyle while focusing on ecology and healthy lifestyle, leisure time, consumption of legal and illegal drugs and all forms of violence in elementary and secondary schools pupils;
• implements international projects in education, participates in the processing of structured questionnaires, drafts of indicators, norms, methodologies and other documents for international reporting, including the financing of education at the national level, the OECD projects – INES, EU, CEDEFOP (EMCDDA);
• implements the international project EUROSTUDENT;
• processes development and analytical reports on free-time activities, hobbies, truancy, behavioural problems of primary and secondary schools pupils.
Since 2001, the Institute is responsible for cooperation with the OECD in the framework of the INES project (Indicators of Education Systems).
The project has an ambition to help create internationally coordinated policies in the field of education and training. The aim is to process data and provide information on the structure of the systems of education, their performance and financing in the OECD countries. Currently, Slovakia has representation in the working groups Working Party (WP) and the Network on Labour Market, Economic and Social Outcomes of Learning (LSO).
The core of network is the Working Party (WP), through which key collections, data processing and production methods are organized and provided. Its activities are followed by the activities of groups, which are engaged with specific subjects in details. WP provides the most extensive part of the data sources and it performs a coordinating function in relation to other groups.
The Working Group LSO (Network on Labour Market, Economic and Social Outcomes of Learning) is devoted to analyzing and creating internationally comparable indicators of the intersection of education and the labour market and social contexts of education.
The Institute participates in these activities by five permanent members of the working groups WP and the LSO, who coordinate activities in the area of providing quality data for the relevant content blocks for the SR, provide input into international database in accordance with the methodology of creation of indicators and participate in the development of these indicators.
The Institute provides education for teaching and non-teaching staff in the field of information and communication technologies at the regional level,
• the staff of the Regional Offices of Education and managerial staff of schools for the processing of statistical reports, including application programmes,
• users of the application software for creating and processing the data for the area of prevention and economics.
Project management and implementation
• provides activities related to the development, management and implementation of projects;
• coordinates projects under the EU Structural Funds;
• managesimplementation ofthe project DRSS,
• ensures operation of regional nodes of the academic data network SANET,
• provides the functions of the implementation centre of the MS Select contract - purchase and distribution of the Microsoft software for schools at discounted prices,
• develops the Data Centre that acts as a central repository of digital content of education and administrative data with the guarantee of safety of the data management and high availability of systems;
• electronic communication (e-mail, but also other forms of electronic communication), controlled access to data stored in the data centre (access for students, teachers, employees of the Ministry of Education, state agencies and local self-governments, as well as other citizens - the public accessing the educational content ).
Special activities area
Scholarships on secondary level of education
The Institute ensures payments of social grants to secondary students whose parents live in material deprivation or below the subsistence minimum in accordance with the applicable legislation and provides methodological and advisory services to schools.
Activities of the Museum of Education and Pedagogy in Bratislava and the Museum of Special Education in Levoča
The permanent exhibition and occasional thematic exhibitions, processing and storage of documents in the collection funds and providing information about them, focusing on the history of education and pedagogy in Slovakia and the development of special schools in Slovakia, from ancient times until nowadays. Implementation of methodological, coordination, cultural and educational activities in this area, including the provision of courses, organizing conferences and seminars, including research studies, focusing on the history of education and pedagogy.
Editorial and printing servicesProviding editorial, technical, printing and binding work, proofreading and shipping documents and materials specified in terms of the editorial plan of the organization. Publishing of periodical and non-periodical prints, including the reproduction of final reports, questionnaires and reports.
|Posledná úprava ( Štvrtok, 15. marec 2012 )|
|Pedagogická dokumentácia a iné tlačivá|